Our Team is Growing! Check out our current openings here Read More

Skip navigation

Serving the Charlottesville Area



Mack Morris Heating & Air Conditioning Blog

3 Benefits of Adding an IAQ System

An IAQ system is a great complement to your HVAC system, protecting you and your family from all sorts of dangerous elements present in the air indoors, such as allergens and chemicals. Today we will discuss three benefits of adding an IAQ system.

Positively Impact HVAC Systems

Small particles and allergens impact our health and irritate both humans and pets and negatively affect the HVAC systems in our homes.

The air filters in our HVAC units manage to capture around 5 percent of such particles present in our houses. This leaves the rest of the 95 percent to float freely in the air we breathe and settle down in the air conditioning systems in our homes. They can also accumulate on our ductwork, coils, and blowers, making the HVAC unit work harder to regulate the temperatures inside the home. The likely outcome of all this is increased utility bills and repair costs, and in some cases, it may even shorten a unit’s lifespan.

Installing an IAQ system such as a Polarized-Media Air Purifier can solve this problem as it is not just an enhanced filter. It comes with a screen that is positive electric charged, taking care of 97.9 percent of the atmospheric particles in your home.

Gets Rid of Allergies and Infections

We are all aware of the allergies and health problems caused by toxic pollutants such as pet dander, pollen, dust, and hair, which are present indoors in our homes. They can even make their way to our heating and cooling systems, expanding the number of viruses and bacteria that infiltrate our bodies through breathing.

If left unattended, these pollutants can cause respiratory issues, cancer, and heart disease, according to the United States Environmental Protection Agency.

The best and most efficient way to take care of these micro-organisms is to invest in an IAQ system that helps eliminate all these toxins and provides you a cleaner environment at your home.

Odors and Chemical Gases

Odors and chemical gases are often not discussed as much as particles and germs when it comes to indoor air quality. You can often experience them when they are in the form of odd smells. Even the ones we tend to enjoy, such as the scent of a new car or a newly built house, result from chemicals such as Benzene and Formaldehyde, which can impair the health of both humans and pet animals. Most commonly, such chemicals are found in the paint, cleaning materials, and furniture of our homes.

The best way to eliminate them from the air you and your family breathe every day is by installing an IAQ system that will take care of the smells and odors and make the air healthier to breathe.

If you live in the Afton area, call Mack Morris Heating & Air Conditioning to install your air purifier in Afton, VA. We can’t control the weather outside of your home, but we can control the weather inside your home.

Comments are closed.