Indoor Air Quality
Home / Heating / Furnaces
Charlottesville, VA Furnace Services
For over 30 years, the friendly HVAC technicians at Mack Morris Heating & Air Conditioning have provided quality heating services throughout Charlottesville, VA and the surrounding communities. We’ve worked with thousands of customers to help them find a new furnace that matches not only their home’s size, but their household budget.
Our team members are committed to your satisfaction. In fact, we guarantee our equipment for 1 year. Contact us to work with professionally trained technicians for all your furnace service needs you may have. We can't control the weather outside of your home, but we can control the weather inside your home. When you're looking for heating services in Charlottesville that you can trust, call the HVAC contractors at Mack Morris Heating & Air Conditioning! Contact us today to get started.
Your Charlottesville Furnace Experts
Our Charlottesville, VA technicians have the expertise and extensive training to install both gas and electric–powered furnaces. But which is right for you? There are a number of benefits to each. Be sure to speak with a professional furnace contractor before making a decision about which one you want in your home as your trusted heating system.
- Gas furnaces tend to be a bit larger, and need access to the city’s main gas line as well as to have a flue installed to exhaust combustion gases. They do tend to cost less to run due to the price of natural gas being lower than that of electricity.
- Electric furnaces are a great choice for those households that don’t have easy access to natural gas. They also work very efficiently and last a long time, though they do use up more energy to heat your home. They’re also a great choice for those homeowners who want to enjoy the power of a forced–air furnace without the safety risks of using natural gas. Today’s furnaces are built with safety in mind, but there’s no way to completely eliminate the risk.
When to Call for Furnace Repairs
When properly maintained (you should schedule tune–ups at least once a year), your furnace can last a long time and work effectively and efficiently throughout its lifespan. But that’s only the case if you stay on top of maintenance and any suggested repair needs that may exist. Below are a few of the common furnace service calls we get in regards to repairs.
- Insufficient Heat. This problem might be caused by something relatively minor, such as a clogged air filter. However, it could be something more serious such as a bad thermostat or a broken fan motor.
- Strange Noises. When your furnace cycles on, do you hear a squealing or rattling noise? These types of sounds shouldn’t be ignored—particularly rattling. While a rattling furnace can be a loose panel, another possibility is that your heat exchanger is cracked, which can be leaking carbon monoxide into the home.
- Air Filter Trouble. One of the most common reasons for furnace repair is actually something you can typically fix on your own. This is a clogged air filter. The air filter is there to protect the furnace system form dirt and dust getting into the various components. If it isn’t changed every 1–3 months, it can lead to a number of issues resulting from poor airflow.
For more information about this and other common furnace repair needs, give our team a call today!
The technicians were on time, very polite and efficient each time. We will continue to use this company for years to come.
— Kelley, Boonesville