Indoor Air Quality
Home / Air Conditioning
Air Conditioning in Charlottesville, VA
If you’ve lived through even one summer in Charlottesville, VA, then you know, “it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity” that makes our summers hard to bear. They’re even harder without the right cooling system in place. The last thing you want is to be stuck without a working AC system in your home when temperatures and humidity begins to rise.
Whether you need a new cooling system installed, or are looking for a professional to conduct services for your existing central air conditioner, the team members at Mack Morris Heating & Air Conditioning are the ones to call. Our roots trace back over three decades, and we take great pride in treating your home with respect and care. Give us a call today to schedule your air conditioning services! We can't control the weather outside of your home, but we can control the weather inside your home.
Your Cooling System Options
There are a number of different types air conditioning installation options in Charlottesville, VA and beyond. Below are some of what we provide to homeowners throughout the communities we serve.
- Central Air Conditioners: If you’ve been relying on window units to keep your whole home cooled off in the summertime, then a central air conditioner is definitely an upgrade. It provides reliable whole–home comfort throughout the warmer seasons.
- Heat Pumps: Heat pump systems allow you to enjoy air conditioning and heating with a single unit. These systems are basically air conditioners that can change the direction in which they move heat.
- Dual Fuel Systems: Heat pumps are incredibly efficient and effective at both cooling and heating your home. But when temperatures drop to a certain level, they may struggle a bit to heat your living space as efficiently as possible. A dual fuel system combines the power of the heat pump with a backup furnace for truly efficient home comfort.
- Ductless Systems: If your home doesn’t have the room to accommodate ductwork, or if you’d simply like to eliminate the need for that part of your AC installation, then a ductless system is worth your consideration. These too can be used for both cooling and heating your home.
Is Your Air Conditioner Struggling?
The best way to care for your air conditioner and ensure that it works as effectively and efficiently as it’s meant to is by scheduling routine Charlottesville, VA air conditioning maintenance—once a year for central systems and twice a year for heat pump systems. But even well–cared for cooling systems can eventually start to experience problems, requiring services such as air conditioning repair, or in some cases even replacement. This is particularly true for air conditioners that are 10–15 years old, the average lifespan for an AC system.
But do you know how to spot the signs of a struggling air conditioner? Factors you should watch out for include:
- Loud, unfamiliar noises such as banging, screeching, or hissing.
- Low cooling output.
- Low airflow.
- The need for consistent repairs. If your next air conditioner repair is going to cost half of what a new system would, it almost always makes more economical sense to go with the replacement, especially for an aging system.
We Repair and Replace Ductwork Too
There are a number of companies throughout Charlottesville, VA and beyond who claim to offer comprehensive HVAC services. But truly complete air conditioning installation and service also includes duct repair and replacement. The ductwork connected to your HVAC systems is responsible for carrying conditioned air from the HVAC system and circulating it into the rooms, and then back through another set of ducts.
Because the ductwork has a big job, it can accumulate damage over the years. And because it’s mostly hidden from view, you may not discover the damage until it’s progressed quite a bit. Our team members are highly skilled and trained in performing quality ductwork repair, or replacement when needed, to ensure that your air conditioner works as efficiently as it should. Contact us today for more information.
The technicians were on time, very polite and efficient each time. We will continue to use this company for years to come.
— Kelley, Boonesville