Things are our area haven’t exactly heated up the way they would during the summer just yet. That said, this makes now an even better time to take care of any air conditioner repair in Charlottesville, VA that has presented itself.
While it may still feel a little early in the year, getting AC repairs addressed as early as possible is always a good decision. This prevents these from escalating and causing a system breakdown when the heat actually hits.
5 Signs Something Is Wrong With Your Air Conditioner
If you aren’t really running your air conditioner yet, we’d say now is a great time to do a test run and watch for any of these warning signs:
- Odd noises: When your air conditioner is in operation, what do you hear? Take a moment to see if you hear anything besides the expected whoosh of air through the system. Noises like rattling, clanging, buzzing, hissing, and screeching are all indicators of a problem in the system.
- Delayed response: When you turn on your AC you should get a prompt response from the system. If you notice that it takes a while for it to kick into gear though, you may want a technician to check things out. This could be due to a thermostat issue or some bigger problem inside the AC itself.
- Short cycling: Another big issue to watch out for is the interruption of your AC’s cooling cycles. In most cases, your system should run for around 15 minutes before shutting off. If, instead, you notice that your air conditioner only runs for a few brief minutes before shutting off and then starting back up again, it is short cycling, which is a big problem.
- Poor airflow: First things first, go check your AC filter. A dirty filter can have a bigger impact on your system than you might think! If you have a clean filter in place and you are still getting little airflow from one or more of the vents in the house, you probably have a bigger problem on your hands that requires professional repairs.
- Lack of cool air: Maybe your heat pump is stuck in heating mode due to a jammed reversing valve. Or perhaps you have a system with a refrigerant leak that is messing with the cooling process. Whatever the root cause, make sure to have a professional technician come visit to get your AC working right again.
With these warning signs at the front of your mind, it should be far easier to figure out if and when you need repairs for your AC. However, the best way to figure out if your air conditioner needs repairs is to have a technician assess it. In fact, when our technicians provide system maintenance they will also alert you to any potential repair needs that may be present or may start to develop later on in the summer.
Contact the technicians at Mack Morris Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule your air conditioner services. We can’t control the weather outside of your home, but we can control the weather inside your home.