It is frustrating to discover that you can’t keep your home comfortable on a hot day. You have a central AC or heat pump specifically because you want to be able to keep your home cool when temperatures outside are too high. It makes sense that you’d feel upset when this system fails you.
Sometimes the issue lies with your air conditioner, but other times you may actually need a thermostat repair in Charlottesville, VA. Your thermostat is responsible for providing instructions to your air conditioner to cool the home off so if something goes wrong with this Control Center, it’s will negatively affect your comfort.
Let’s look at some of the signs that you may have a thermostat in need of repair so you know when to reach out for professional service.
Signs of Thermostat Trouble
Think of it like this: if the mouse and keyboard of your laptop stop working, you won’t exactly be able to get work done. Likewise, if your thermostat stops working or starts to malfunction, it will seriously mess with your ability to control the temperature in your home. Here’s how to tell if your thermostat is the cause of your comfort issues instead of your AC.
- Your thermostat gives a delayed response: Do you go to adjust the temperature on your thermostat and discover that there is a delayed response? If so, it may need repairs because this is an issue that could get worse.
- The temperature reading is never correct: Your thermostat may have become miscalibrated over time. This means it won’t detect the temperature in the house correctly, leading to discomfort down the road.
- The home is always uncomfortable. Your AC doesn’t know how long to run properly if the thermostat isn’t working right. This can lead it to run for too long, making the house too cold, or too little, leaving things overly hot.
- Your air conditioner started to short cycle: A short cycling AC can be caused by a thermostat giving it the wrong directions because it cannot detect temperatures correctly. This is hard on your system and can lead to AC repairs down the line.
- Energy bills have increased: Last but not least, remember to check those energy bills. Unexplained increases in the monthly bills can often be traced back to a faulty thermostat.
We Can Repair or Replace Your Thermostat
If you have a thermostat that is malfunctioning, the sooner you get it repaired the better. Our team at Mack Morris Heating & Air Conditioning can help get your thermostat back into working order. Likewise, we also have the ability to help you replace and upgrade your thermostat if your current system is a little outdated. Remember, if you replace your air conditioner it is better to replace the thermostat around the same time as well. Whatever you need, you can come to our team to get the job done.
We can’t control the weather outside of your home, but we can control the weather inside your home. Contact Mack Morris Heating & Air Conditioning today.